- NHS AfC: Band 5
- fixed term
- £22,128 to £28,746 pa
- 26/01/2018 23:59
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide care to thousands of people every day. In fact our community and mental health services support around 2.4 million patient contacts each year across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford.
As well as looking after our patients, we look after our 5,500 staff, and we’re proud to be listed in the HSJ and Nursing Times ‘Top 120 Places to Work’ list (2015). Staff are supported to continue their professional development with relevant training and progression opportunities.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. We have vibrant city life in one direction and rolling green countryside in the other – the best of both worlds!
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Fundamental Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
Please be aware, interviews for this post will be held 02nd Febrauary 2018
Post Title Staff Nurse
Band & salary scale 5
Hours of work 37.5 internal rotation
Permanent/Fixed term 12 month contract
Southside Ward in The Royal Oldham Hospital is currently a 22 bed mixed sex ward that operates an inpatient consultant model and sits within a wider Acute Service model supported by a dedicated Home Treatment service and 24 hour access and crisis service with full A and E Raid team. The ward delivers a full range of therapeutic interventions and is supported by a dedicated therapy team.
The post holder will be expected to undertake all aspects of the role identified in the job description and meet the requirements of the person specification. The role will be to deliver all aspects of care to the service user group on the wards and to undertake the responsibilities required of a qualified nurse.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• To assess, plan, implement & evaluate care of service users defined as requiring in-patient care. To take on the role of bleep holder to acute services. To liaise with key stakeholders to ensure seamless care delivery across acute services
• The post holder is responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of initiatives within the acute service.
• Providing evidence based interventions to clients and relatives to aid recovery from current mental illness.
• The post holder is expected to supervise junior staff and act as a mentor and assessor for all learner bands.
• The post holder is expected to liaise professionally with all outside agencies and services and to co-ordinate their activities at service level.
• The post holder is expected to assist the Ward Manager in the investigation of complaints within the acute service.
• The post holder is expected to keep updated with their own practice and maintain their fitness for purpose.
• The post holder is expected to have an understanding of the models of care delivery planned for Pennine Care services and show appropriate skills in order to deliver such models.
• The post holder will engage in clinical supervision and promote this service to others within the unit.
• The post holder will engage with and deliver job role supervision.
• The post holder will be actively involved in the implementation of the KSF & IPDR process.
• The post holder is expected to show initiative and develop and implement change ideas within the acute Service.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
Must be first level registered nurse, RMN or RN in Mental Health.
Must have a good understanding of both numeracy and language skills.
Must have knowledge base and experience in terms of this client group.
Be able to perform required duties of the post.
Must be flexible and able to work on an internal rota basis.
Informal Contact Name: Jan Jones
Job Title: Ward Manager
Contact Number: 0161 716 2240
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
The postholder will have regular contact with vulnerable people and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
225 Old Street
- 0161 716 3181