- Nursing & Midwifery
- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- Saxon Suite
- £23,023 - £29,608
- 25/10/2018 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
** Interview date TBC **
Saxon Suite is within the Etherow Building at Tameside General Hospital it is a 23 bedded adult acute mental health ward. The ward is mixed sex acute providing services for adults of working age in the Borough of Tameside.
You will be responsible for the assessment of needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients admitted on to the ward. You will supervise the work of junior staff, ensuring the highest possible standard of nursing care in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust, the Mental Health Act and all other legalisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• To provide care and support to individuals with acute mental health needs in an inpatient setting under in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
• To maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and carers. Being sensitive to their needs for respect, privacy and dignity and to act as a senior point of contact on the ward.
• To ensure that all staff follow the guidelines identified in both the Trusts’ and National policies.
• To assist in ensuring that the provision of nursing care is to the optimum standard achievable within allocated resources.
• To ensure that patients, their families and carers are directly involved in decisions which affect their care.
• To promote high standards of patient care by the application of a systematic care planning approach which utilises an appropriate nursing model.
• To initiate patient focussed interventions and developments, which reflect social, cultural and spiritual needs.
• To ensure that each patient has a comprehensive and holistic assessment of their care needs with a mutually agreed plan of care between the patient and the nurse.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and flexible in approach and must have a first level registration (RNMH).
You will have experience of working in acute in-patient mental health settings and a comprehensive understanding of Mental Illness, knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with acute mental health needs.
You should have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CPA process and knowledge of current policy and guidance in relation to the development of Acute Mental Health Services.
Consideration may be given to newly qualified nurses requiring initial preceptorship
** Interview date TBC **
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal Contact Name: Rebecca Ratican
Job Title: Ward Manager
Contact Number: 0161 716 3662