- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 7 PA's
- Stepping Hill Hospital
- £76,761 to £103,490 pa pro rata
- 26/01/2018 23:59
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide care to thousands of people every day. In fact our community and mental health services support around 2.4 million patient contacts each year across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford.
As well as looking after our patients, we look after our 5,500 staff, and we’re proud to be listed in the HSJ and Nursing Times ‘Top 120 Places to Work’ list (2015). Staff are supported to continue their professional development with relevant training and progression opportunities.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. We have vibrant city life in one direction and rolling green countryside in the other – the best of both worlds!
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Fundamental Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
Post Title Working Age Liaison Consultant
Service/Ward/Department Psychiatry – General Adult
Borough South Division
Band & salary scale £76,761 to £103,490 pa pro rata
Hours of work 28hrs – 7PA’s
Permanent/Fixed term Permanent
This post is for a part time consultant (07 PAs) to provide psychiatric services to the Liaison Team at Stockport.
The successful applicant will join a team of eight General Adult Consultants at Stepping Hill Hospital.
The post - holder will provide medical leadership to the RAID Team as well as completing RAID clinics. They will supervise other members of the team on an individual basis and as part of the team clinical supervision. A close liaison with all Stockport NHS Foundation Trust general medical and surgical wards and will be required to complete home visits when required to do so.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• Provide Consultant cover for Liaison Team at Stockport borough.
• Liaison with Stockport NHS Foundation Trust Medical and Surgical wards, as well as close working relationships with other teams within in Psychiatry at Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust.
• Cover for inpatients with learning disability.
• Cross-cover for annual and study leave with other general adult consultants in Stockport
• On call to be shared with other general adult Consultant Psychiatrists, currently at 1 in 9
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
• MBChN or equivalent.
• Full registration with the GMC and licences to practice on a Specialist Register through UK training or CESR or due to be registered in the next 6 months.
• Be Section 12 and AC Approved or within the next 3 months
• Good Interpersonal and team working skills. Leadership skills.
• Knowledge of relevant requirements and legislation such as The Mental Health Act, Care Programme Approach etc
• Experience relevant to modern community orientated adult psychiatry.
• Experience of teaching and training.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal Contact Name: Dr Sudhir Salujha
Job Title: Lead Consultant Psychiatrist
Contact Number: 0161 716 5716
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3895
- 0161 716 3050