- Adult Inpatient Nurse for Physical Healthcare
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- 37.5 hours per week
- Birch Hill Hospital
- £28,050 to £36,644 pa
- 20/02/2019 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
*Proposed Interview date 6th March 2019*
Adult Inpatient Nurse for Physical Healthcare
This is a newly developed and exciting position which will focus on the physical wellbeing of our patients with mental health needs. The Five Year Forward View for Mental Health (2016) highlighted that people with mental health problems have poorer physical health than the general population, often they are unable to access the physical healthcare they need and experience unnecessary health inequalities.
The post holder will be responsible for leading on the physical health care agenda within the inpatient team, they will take an active lead in educating and supporting the wider team on the physical health needs of our patient group under the supervision of the ward Manager. The post holder will take an active lead on the implementation of the physical health CQUIN.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- Participate and provide physical health wellbeing clinics on the wards.
- Develop and deliver training sessions on various physical health subjects to all ward staff.
- To take a lead role in the evaluation of physical healthcare guidance and to translate this into practice to ensure the service maintains excellence in practice
- To take a lead role in supporting the senior management team and ward managers with the embedding of any new physical healthcare policy or practice
- To champion the Physical health and wellbeing agenda within the inpatient team
- Take a lead role in evaluating the effectiveness of the service delivery and, where necessary, take steps to improve efficiency and quality of service provision
- To take a lead role in the monitoring of the service performance in relation to any physical healthcare CQUIN’S or key performance indicators
- Assist the senior management team in the clinical review of and physical healthcare incidents
- Act as a physical health practitioner and advice resource for the inpatient team.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Evidence of post registration qualifications or training
Proficient in venepuncture, cannulation, ILS, ECG talking/reading, analysis of blood results
Experience of working as an autonomous clinical practitioner
Experience of working with mental health patients in any health / social care setting
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal Contact Name: Gemma Mlambo
Job Title: Modern Matron – Adult acute mental health services
Contact Number: 07787740009
Informal Contact Name: Vinny Nolan
Job Title: North Division Inpatient services manager
Contact Number: 07901110736
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3191