- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full Time
- £76,761 to £103,490 pa
- 26/01/2018 23:59
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide care to thousands of people every day. In fact our community and mental health services support around 2.4 million patient contacts each year across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford.
As well as looking after our patients, we look after our 5,500 staff, and we’re proud to be listed in the HSJ and Nursing Times ‘Top 120 Places to Work’ list (2015). Staff are supported to continue their professional development with relevant training and progression opportunities.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. We have vibrant city life in one direction and rolling green countryside in the other – the best of both worlds!
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Fundamental Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Oldham CAMHS – 10 PA’s
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic Consultant to join our organization to work in a substantive position as a Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist.
We are committed to providing high quality, evidence based care and believe strongly in investment in our staff and workforce to achieve this. We have received high ratings in national staff surveys as a great place to work. In 2016, Pennine Care Community CAMHS services were rated as "Good" by the CQC and the CAMHS Inpatient Units (Hope & Horizon Units) were rated as "Outstanding."
We are also proud to have within our Consultant group, a number of colleagues in high profile positions including the new Associate National Clinical Director for Children & Young People’s mental health services for NHS England, Dr. Prathiba Chitsabesan; the Training Programme Director (TPD) for Core training in Psychiatry for Health Education NorthWest, Dr. Roshelle Ramkisson and the Foundation Doctor Lead for the Trust, Dr. Sahana Olety.
The Trust is also very interested to support a research strategy for CAMHS and is in the process of developing a CAMHS Research Unit as a number of clinicians are active in research.
This is a substantive post for which 10 PA’s are available.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to 16 years in generic CAMHS, and some limited work with ages of 16 - 18 years. Based in Oldham, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services.
The post holder will provide both a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to 16th birthday, and also limited work with 16 – 17 years age group. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will have strong interest and experience in working with children, adolescents and their families.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Oldham
• To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
• To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
• To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
• To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paeds, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions, Local Authority )
• To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
• To support the continued development of Oldham CAMHS service
• To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
• To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff, Directorate managers
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
• Full GMC registration
• Possession of CCT in either Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or entered on the GMC Specialist Register
• Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status
• Demonstrable competency across the PMETB approved curriculum for higher training in CAMHS
• Excellent clinical leadership and communication skills
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working and staff support. The Trust operates a no smoking policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated and controlled activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• Please note that you will be contacted via email so it is important to check your spam filter, if any mail goes to your junk folder you will need to mark it as safe.
• Priority will be given to applications from NHS employees who have an at risk status
• Applicants will be informed about the progress of their application following shortlisting. Only those applicants who clearly demonstrate the criteria listed in the person specification will be shortlisted for interview. Applicants will be notified via email if they have been shortlisted or not. Computer access is available via your local Job Centre and Library.
• The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
• Applicants applying for this position who want to be considered under the disability two ticks scheme will be guaranteed an interview if they meet the essential criteria on the person specification for the post.
• Should you require a reasonable adjustment to our recruitment process please contact 0161 716 3181 at the earliest opportunity to ensure that measures can be put in place to enable your application for this post.
• Please be aware that we have a strict policy on unsolicited contact from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact Recruiting Managers directly. All recruitment is carried out via its online recruitment systems.
• The Trust cannot guarantee the transfer of lease cars.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Nojrul Chowdhury
(CAMHS Medical Manager & Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist)
Telephone Rochdale CAMHS – 01706 676004.
Dr Debra Bradley – Lead Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Oldham CAMHS – 0161-716-2020
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3895
- 0161 716 3050