- Allied Health
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full Time
- Oldham General Hospital, Reflections Building
- £76,761 to £103,490 pa
- 23/08/2018 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Oldham CAMHS
10 PAs – full time or job share
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to 16 years in generic CAMHS, and some limited work with ages of 16 - 17 years. Based in Oldham, you will work as part of the main CAMHS team where there are good links and working relationships with other agencies including Hospital and Community Paediatrics, the Local Authority and Working Age Adult services.
The post holder will provide both a generic mental health service to children and adolescents up to 16th birthday, and also limited work with 16 – 17 years age group. The multi-disciplinary team in Oldham is supportive and well resourced offering a range of therapeutic interventions including CBT, Family Therapy, Psychotherapy and DBT. You will manage a caseload of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. You will have responsibility for direct clinical work and provide supervision and consultation to the multi-disciplinary team. You will contribute to the management of referrals and the medical waiting list. You will provide effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertake local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Oldham
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision and consultation to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paediatrics, Schools and Colleges, Local Authority, YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions)
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff – the service provides placements for Core, Speciality and GP Trainees.
- To support the continued development of Oldham CAMHS service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
- To work closely with the Operational Manager and multi-disciplinary team in Oldham and also with CAMHS Consultants from other boroughs across the Trust and Directorate Managers.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- Full GMC registration
- Possession of CCT in either Child & Adolescent Psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or entered on the GMC Specialist Register
- Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status
- Demonstrable competency across the curriculum for higher training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical leadership and communication skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Nojrul Chowdhury
(CAMHS Medical Manager & Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist)
Telephone Rochdale CAMHS – 01706 676000
Dr Debra Bradley – Lead Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Oldham CAMHS – 0161-716-2020
Linzi Kelly – Human Resources – 0161 716 3895
(Medical Recruitment Administrator)
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3895
- 0161 716 3050