- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Healthy Young Minds Waterside House, Trafford
- £76,761 to £103,490 pa
- 29/08/2018 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Trafford CAMHS
8 PA’s per week, job share will be considered
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic Consultant to join our organisation to work in a substantive position as a Consultant Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatrist.
The post holder will provide specialist out-patient and consultation services to children and young people up to 18 years in generic CAMHS. Based in Trafford, you will work alongside the main CAMHS team and also interface with other agencies including Local Authority, Paediatrics, and Working Age Adult services.
The post holder will provide an comprehensive mental health service to children and adolescents up to 18th birthday. You will manage a cohort of children and young people with a wide range of mental health needs. Working as part of multi-disciplinary team you will have responsibility for direct clinical work, supervision, helping to lead in management of referrals, effective multi-agency liaison with various relevant departments and undertaking local strategic management tasks as appropriate to the post. You will have excellent clinical leadership and communication skills. You will have strong interest and experience in working with older adolescents.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a psychiatric service for children and young people in Trafford.
- To undertake direct clinical work and provide supervision to the MDT and work in partnership with other agencies.
- To take clinical responsibility for a caseload
- To manage a needs led interface with Working Age Psychiatry
- To work creatively with other agencies who are involved with children and young people (Paeds, Schools and colleges , YOT, Drug and Alcohol services, Connexions, Local Authority )
- To provide clinical supervision as required to junior medical staff
- To support the continued development of Trafford Healthy Young Minds service
- To adhere to all relevant local and national safeguarding policies and procedures
- To work closely with the other CAMHS Consultants, Operational and multidisciplinary staff, Directorate managers
Closing date 2 weeks from advert
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Saravana Subbian
(CAMHS Medical Manager & Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist)
Telephone Tameside CAMHS – 0161 716 3600
Dr Kishan Sharma – Lead Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Trafford CAMHS – 0161 716 4747
Linzi Kelly – Human Resources – 0161 716 3895.
(Medical Recruitment Administrator)
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3895
- 0161 716 3050