- Adolescent Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 10 PA’s available
- Hope Unit (Tier 4 CAMHS), Fairfield General Hospital
- £76,761 to £103,490 per annum
- 06/09/2018 23:59
About the Trust
Formed in 2002, Pennine Care has grown to become a leading provider of community and mental health services.
Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities, by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
We provide services across six boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Glossop and Trafford – with a combined population of more than 1.3 million people.
Our 6,000 community and mental health staff work tirelessly to deliver the very best care – and provide around 2.4 million patient contacts each year. We are privileged that some of the most talented and leading experts choose to work for us.
We consider ourselves lucky to be based just a few miles from the wonderful city of Manchester. If you’re looking to re-locate, there’s no GREATER place to live and work than MANCHESTER.
Our city offers an outstanding, yet affordable quality of life. Where else does vibrant nightlife and diverse culture meet the peace and tranquillity of the rolling Pennines?
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic Consultant to join our organisation to work in a substantive position as a Consultant Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatrist.
This is a substantive post. The post holder is based within the CAMHS Inpatient services at Fairfield General Hospital Bury. There is an experienced consultant colleague working in the adjacent Horizon Unit (CAMHS Complex care service) There is consequently robust managerial, medical and senior nurse, therapeutic and MDT services cross cover.
The Trust CAMHS inpatient services are fully commissioned through NHS England – specialist commissioning team.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to a 12 bed adolescent acute admissions mental health service. Assessment and treatment, using a 4 – 6 week model, is provided to young people aged 13 yrs to 18th birthday, with a full range of acute mental health disorders.
The post holder will lead the dedicated MDT in multidisciplinary assessment and treatments, in close collaboration with service users, carers and the referring community CAMHS / mental health services. They will work in close liaison with Trust clinical and operational managers, and with commissioners and other key Tier 4 stakeholders. They will join the inpatient senior management team, and contribute to Tier 4 CAMHS service developments. They will provide supervision to the junior medical staff. The candidate will also provide mutually agreed prospective leave cover with their Horizon unit consultant.
They will join a dynamic and supportive Trust wide CAMHS consultant group.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• Clinical leadership to the Hope Unit team
• Provide Consultant care to all young people admitted to the Hope Unit
• To lead the Hope Unit team and support assist the team in day to day high quality team mental health assessment, therapeutic care and in liaison with community services
• As appropriate to use MHA and attend Tribunals, with prepared reports
• Providing supervision and leadership to clinical team
• To lead MDT ward rounds, reviews, CPA meetings and other multiagency meetings
• To provide supervision to the junior medical staff
• To provide effective liaison with referring teams and to commissioners
• To join the CAMHS Inpatient senior management team, and contribute to clinical leadership this post. and service developments
• No outpatient work is expected within the job plan for
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
• Full GMC registration
• Entry on GMC Specialist Register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, with higher specialist training CCT or equivalent; or be within 6 months of achieving this. Candidates with higher specialist training in Adult psychiatry or equivalent are eligible with demonstrable experience in psychiatry of adolescence
• Section 12 Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 and Approved Clinician status
• Demonstrable competency across the PMETB approved curriculum for higher training in CAMHS (or Adult psychiatry with substantial adolescent experience)
• Registered for CPD with the RCPsych
• Awareness of key legislation NSF, NICE, MHA, MCA, Children Act
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
• Dr Nojrul Chowdhury – CAMHS Medical Manager & Acting Clinical Director (North Division) 01706 676004
• Mrs. Joanne Huddart – Inpatient Services Manager 0161 716 1168
• Ms Linzi Kelly (Medical Recruitment) 0161 716 3895
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0161 716 3895
- 0161 716 3050